After much conversation, I would like to kindly remind you of Wednesday’s conference call from 11:30am-1:00pm EST. Many of you expressed interest in being involved in forming the developing the guiding principles of the association and it is our goal to present these guiding principles at the Take a Stand Symposium in Los Angeles. This presentation of the guiding principles will take place on Tuesday January 31st at 12pm as part of a lunch discussion. A representative from this volunteer group will make the presentation and everyone involved in the formation of the guiding principles will help answer questions and receive additional feedback from symposium attendees.
Upcoming Conference Call Agendas:
- Definition of Core Membership – What is the primary mission of the organizations represented by core members? What is their target population served? What are their shared fundamental elements of intervention/approach?
- Definitions of Auxiliary Membership – Will there be additional allowed members beyond core membership? What will the categories of these additional members be?
- Mission of Association – What is the primary purpose of the Association?
- Name – What should the Association be called?
- General Governance – What will be the voting rights of each category of Association membership? What will be the size and general composition of the board?
As you can imagine, these five questions will elicit many different reactions and our goal for the upcoming conference calls will be to allow everyone to share their ideas and suggestions. Everyone’s input is needed, will be respected, and help to shape guiding documents that will be written after the Take a Stand Symposium.
Conference Call Schedule
- Wednesday January 11, 11:30am – 1:00pm EST
- Wednesday January 18, 11:30am – 1:00pm EST
- Wednesday January 25, 11:30am – 1:00pm EST
Conference Call Dial-In Number 760-569-0111
Participant Access Code 121767#
All documents, minutes, conference call schedule, and dial-in information will be recorded on a special website: https://musicassociation.wordpress.com. I encourage you all to freely comment and share this website with our peers.